If you’re thinking of moving home this year, then now is the time to get your home ready. The best way to sell a home, or so the experts tell us, is by creating an opportunity for potential buyers to see themselves in your space. So, making sure you put your best foot forward will benefit you in the long run, with high-value offers and a quicker sale. Preparing your home for sale doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune on a makeover. In many cases, decluttering your living space and arranging your furnishings to best advantage will make an immediate difference to your home’s appeal to potential buyers.
We all surround ourselves with items that cheer and comfort us, that remind us of happy times and events, or that showcase our achievements. These pieces have meaning for us, but not necessarily any stranger walking through the door. So when you come to sell your home, less is definitely more where interior décor is concerned.
- Reducing the number of items displayed on shelves and sideboards is a good start to make your home more saleable.
- Next, do an audit on cushions, throws, and blankets and remove any excess.
- If your bookshelves are overflowing, store some of your books away.
- Do the same for small items of furniture like coffee tables and beanbags.
- Make sure bedside tables are clear and unused clothes aren’t stacked on top of chests of drawers.
- Clear your kitchen worktops, relocating tools and ingredients you use on a regular basis into a nearby cupboard and – if you’re struggling for space – move some of your rarely used pots, pans and china into packing crates. Not only does this make your kitchen look super-spacious and efficient, it also gets you a head start on the packing come moving day.
Remember, the quickest way to selling a home is to present a welcoming space that potential buyers can see themselves moving into. Give them room to imagine!
And what about all the books and coffee tables, china and excess cushions you’ve so diligently cleared and packed away? Well, that’s where we can help. At Fort Locks, we offer storage space to suit all kinds of purposes. We’re happy, when you’re happy. Our smallest storage space is ideal for holding your possessions while you’re getting ready to put your home on the market. 32 square feet of storage is enough room for 2-3 car or van loads…. ideal to store books, china, clothes, toys and furniture pieces you don’t need for a little while.
The best thing about it? If you find that you do need that cake stand or you’ve packed a book you just can’t live without, you can retrieve it at any time. Fort Locks is situated in the centre of Banbury and our storage facility offers 24/7 access. So while your items may be out of sight while you make sure your property puts its best foot forward, they’re certainly not out of reach.
At the moment we have some humdinger dazzling deals – for example, you can get up to 3 months free storage which could save you over £900! You can start storing for as little as £7.16 per week, so why not get in touch with us now on 01295 277 477.